Review the prospect card before calling:
- Smile - A smile can be seen, even over the telephone. Be enthusiastic!
- Be Creative - Have a reason for calling. You can even prepare a script to follow
- Talk about the prospect - his/her needs/desires/problems
- Identify yourself to the party to whom you are speaking (state your name and company). Ask if he/she has a moment to talk with you
- Schedule appointment when he/she can return to the sales office to learn more about your community
- If customer is totally uninterested, determine if you can get a referral. Remember to always ask for a referral at the end of every presentation