Friday, January 28, 2011
Monday, January 17, 2011
I learned a long time ago that a customer has to want to buy a house more that you want to sell one. If a sales rep comes across too desperate, the prospects will pick up on that and bolt. So, sales reps, while anxious to sell a house, need to learn how to relax and project an image of self confidence. How to do this? Practice Acceptance of what you can control and have an influence over. In other words, don't sweat the small stuff!
- Avoid perfectionism. You don't have to know all of the answers. Getting the correct answer gives you the chance to re-contact a prospect.
- Limit self-criticism. You do the best you can do most of the time. Value yourself for your own uniqueness, not in comparison to anyone else.
- Be realistic about your own abilities, including strengths and weaknesses. If you are lacking vocational skills that will make you a better sales rep, make a promise to yourself to improve in 2011.
- Be flexible. You only have so much control over outside events and other people.
- Think rationally. Not every problem is a catastrophe. Brainstorm with others around you how to get though the rough patches.
- Don't forget to breathe!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
1. Reach out to Realtors
2. Door Knockers to local apartments
3. Business cards left in local business establishments
4. Visits to local business HR departments (make sure to bring along some brochures)
5. Establish an internal referral system with current homeowners